Sunday, January 30, 2011

I hate Sunday nights

Is there anything worse than that sinking feeling you get on Sunday evenings, knowing that the weekend is over and the new work week is ahead?  I mean, I like my job and I'm usually pretty refreshed from the massive amounts of sleep I got.  But I still start to get a little cranky thinking about the long week ahead.  I could go on about how much worse it feels when it's a Sunday night in January when you don't have any work holidays until Memorial Day, but really my whining is just getting tiresome, no?

I absolutely HAVE to rave about the recipe blog of a fellow WW 20s boardie, Emily (http://www.emilybites.com/).  I have tried 5 of her recipes in the past month or so, and they keep getting more and more awesome!  Tonight I made the Sausage and Pumpkin Pasta (http://www.emilybites.com/2011/01/sausage-and-pumpkin-pasta.html).  I was a little worried initially while I stirred the seemingly strange batch of ingredients together, but my concern was totally misplaced as this bad boy was friggen amazing!!  Seriously, check it out now, go get the ingredients, and make it- you will be well rewarded for your efforts!

This weekend was pretty vanilla.  On Friday evening I went out for sushi with Vanessa, another WW boardie who has become a good friend and gym buddy.  I love sushi and it seems like every time I eat it I'm immediately thinking about when I can next get some into my mouth.  Whatevs, I'm an addict.  On Saturday I hit up Body Sculpt class and then logged a half hour on the treadmill because I wasn't feeling Zumba.  I'll take any APs I can get from whatever source I can get them... any exercise I get that doesn't lead to major irritation and life-hating is a major win!  And today I donated a crapton of blood- the kind where they take double red blood cells and then dump the other stuff back into my veins.  Unfortunately this particular vein was being lame and wouldn't take the second dose of plasma and such, so I left feeling drained (literally) and a bit dizzy since they couldn't put some of my blood parts back in.  That's one way to lose some poundage!

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Hell yes, to the 5th power! It's you!!! I used to post on the WW boards - Jessica! Redneck Jessica! I've missed you! Can't wait to read all of your updates!

    Also, this might sound uber creepy - but I have this pair of banana republic khaki w/ tiny white striped pants that hang in my closet. Still with the tags! They're the "long" version but are seriously too long on me. Every time I see them I think "I totally bet Allison could sport those!". Bizarre. Yes.

    I'll leave now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! A little late reading this but FYI you're pretty much my favorite person in my 8 gajillion years on the message boards. Like I really haven't recovered since you left. But I do still stalk you on facebook so I still keep creepy tabs on how you're doing and such. And I love that you thought of me in the context of long pants. I'm freakishly tall so it's definitely appropriate!

    I'm glad you posted because I forgot you had a blog. I watched your accent vlog and it was adorable and made me sad I don't have a cool accent.

    Have I out-creeped you yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete