Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome to 5 minutes of your life that you'll never get back

Welcome to my weight loss blog.  Or at least, my blog that isn't gathering dust over on freewebs.  I'm optimistic that I might actually stick with this one now that I'm using a blog website that doesn't appear to have been last updated in 1987.  Nevertheless, I caution you not to get your hopes up.

I've lost approximately 68 pounds on Weight Watchers since February 2009.  Truthfully, I think I'm more proud of the fact that I've stuck with this shit for almost 2 years than the amount I've lost in that time, but both feel pretty damn awesome.  I am eternally grateful to WW (and the WW message boards), my gym membership, and the fact that it's been a lot easier to resist alcohol in the second half of my 20s than it was in the first half.

I did WW for the first time when I was 16 and have logged about 47 re-joins, recommitments and do-overs in the years since then.  Despite the numerous bumps in the road and the weight lost and re-gained, I have always come back to WW.  Counting points is a pain in the ass sometimes, but it's what I need to do.  I'm also picky as shit (I really really hate vegetables... seriously, I'm not exaggerating here) so the freedom that WW gives me is the only way I can stay sane while losing weight.

Working out has also been tremendously helpful to me.  I'm an attorney and work long hours sometimes, but hitting the gym after work has helped keep me on track and increased my fitness level more than I can quantify over the past couple years.  It totally sucks ass at times, but it's more than worth it at the end of the day.  Stalking the hot guy that works at my gym has also been quite beneficial to my motivation.

So, that's a not-so-brief intro about me.  With the new year I figured I should channel some of my incessant chattiness into a positive outlet.  I hope this blog is enjoyable for me to write and keeps me accountable, but I also hope that anyone who happens to stumble across it doesn't want to blow their brains out after reading it either.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment