Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cheesecake Factory is a bitch

I'd imagine that it is technically possible to eat a healthy, reasonably-not-too-high in points meal at the Cheesecake Factory.  I'm sure one could order the "Weight Management Grilled Chicken", eat half, and contentedly suck on a lemon wedge while everyone else motorboats a mountain of cheesecake.  That, of course, is not my life.

I feel like Cheesecake Factory is one of those places that you either go to willing to drop some pointage, or you just stay home and eat a Lean Cuisine.  I totally get that restaurant food has a shit-ton of calories... I go out to eat at least twice a week and plan accordingly.  But CF is in a special sub-category of restaurants that still manages to blow my mind with its insane nutrition info.  So I just sucked it up, ordered something I didn't despise, and tracked the point values a bit liberally to make myself feel better.  (It's not like tracking my meal as 30 versus 40 or 50 really matters at that point.. suffice it to say I'll try not to use any more weeklies for the next two days.)  Even eating only half of an entree is still a ridonk amount of points - I guess the Red Velvet Cheesecake after dinner didn't help much either - but at least I enjoyed my meal and don't go there every week or anything.  So, I'm blogging about it and moving along.

I decided to possibly start implementing a reward system for weight milestones reached.  It's not because a reward is really going to add any motivation to lose weight that the cellulite on my ass and thighs doesn't.  But I generally love buying stuff, and having a justification for the financial splurge is even sweeter.  The problem is that I usually just buy something as soon as I want it, so I don't really have any reward ideas and don't know if I have the patience to wait that long if I think of something.  I got myself some new gym sneakers for -30 pounds but I need to come up with some less lame ideas.  Crap to use while exercising is fine and good but it's not reward-caliber.  So my next goal, aside from trying to keep losing more weight, is to think of some good reward ideas.

Quick weekend recap:  hit the gym for 2 classes yesterday morning; worked in the afternoon; ate my weight at the Cheesecake Factory; worked again this morning.  Now just lazying away my Sunday, avoiding watching football because I'm still mourning the Eagles loss, and trying not to eat just because I'm bored.   This coming week at work should be another crazy one, but I'm determined not to let that be an excuse to derail my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment