Saturday, January 8, 2011

A nice little Saturday

Since I opted to forego the gym in favor of Italian food on Wednesday night, I decided to double up this morning.  I've started doing this quite a bit on Saturdays, and it always seems kind of shocking that I am doing back-to-back gym classes on a perfectly good Saturday morning when I could be laying around watching TV.  I'm lazy by nature, but also try to be efficient with my exercise.  If I'm already at the gym and I have nowhere else I absolutely must be at 11am, I might as well knock out another workout so I don't have to, god forbid, do anything remotely resembling exercise on a football Sunday.

Similarly, the only times I actually decide to run these days are when I'm so lazy that I can't handle spending an entire 30-40 minutes on the treadmill.  I figure if I toss a 10 minute jog into the middle of it I can burn my calories faster and get the eff out of the gym so I can go home and watch TV.  Yes that's right, I've found ways to use exercise to further encourage my laziness.  Either way, my system seems to work and I burn a nice chunk of activity points each week without feeling too much like I hate my life.

Anyway.. here I am, 2:21 on a Saturday afternoon, workouts out of the way until Monday night.  It's snowing like crazy outside which further encourages me to not do anything productive anytime in the near future.  My biggest challenge will be to not stuff my face just because there's nothing else to do.  I tend to be a grazer... I won't actually consume huge amounts of points at a time, but I eat mini-meals all day.  That's not a bad plan if my mini-meals were carrots or tofu, but more likely it turns into me draining through my daily points on cereal and pretzels and not even caring for much of what I ate.  So today will be a nice little willpower test.  I just saw a commercial for Golden Corral and started panting, so it could be a long day.

I'm hoping I can post another loss this week, but I kind of feel like the scale owes me a gain after getting such unexpectedly good results over the holidays.  It also depends on whether I find myself driving fiendishly around the northeast United States in search of a Golden Corral, but that's a whole other ballgame.

No comments:

Post a Comment