Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Weigh-In Day... SEVENTY!

I lost 2 more pounds this week which puts me at a cool -70.6.  Of course the Debbie Downer in me had to go check my chart and point out to myself that I'm only down a net of 3.4 total in the past 9 weeks, because it would clearly be asking too much to just shut up and enjoy it.  But the scale has been pretty good to me since Thanksgiving, and bottomline is that I'm ecstatic to have crossed the 70 pound mark and still be trucking along after all this time.

A new "Biggest Loser" challenge just began on the WW boards so I'm hoping that can help translate into more progress.  I'm stupidly competitive and it takes very little to stroke my ego, so even an anonymous internet challenge where my fellow competitors may or may not be 50 year old dudes posing as 24 year old chicks on a mostly-girls message board still gets me amped up.  Yay Green Team!

Work is going to be a bitch and a half for the foreseeable future, so my workouts will no doubt take a hit.  I hit up kickboxing last night but Zumba went by the wayside this evening when I slogged out of the office just shy of 7.  Yes, I totally get that I could hit the treadmill at 7:30 or wake up at the asscrack of dawn tomorrow morning and do some pilates or something equally unappetizing, but that's just not me.  I like my TV and sleep, damnit!  But hopefully I can make it to Body Sculpt tomorrow night.  I'm also going to be working a good portion of this coming weekend (FML this week, for rillz) but now that the Eagles are eliminated and I'm pretending that pro football doesn't exist, I should hopefully be able to do something bordering on exercise this weekend.

Ah well.. in an effort to go out on a positive note here are a few positive affirmations about my life: I'm down to the weight I was junior year of college, I have a job that I love despite the fact that it's raping my weekends, and my arm fat has finally stopped making that horrific slapping noise when I throw a hook in kickboxing.  Things are, overall, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment