Thursday, April 28, 2011

Draft Night

The NFL draft is generally one of my top 7 or so favorite days of the year, but the whole lock-out dramz has really bored me to tears and I've been paying less attention than usual.  Luckily for any randos lurking on the internet looking for a mediocre blog yapping about food, laziness and occasional weight loss, I figured I'd crank out a blog entry while I await the Eagles' pick.

Speaking of laziness, I did the unheard of (for me) today.  I had decided around 4:30 that I was going to ditch the gym and go home and chillax.  The problem with evenings like this, when I blissfully have nowhere to be, is that I tend to go home and munch on a variety of crap all evening.  I really don't think the calories I actually burn at the gym are nearly as impactful on my weight loss as the calories I don't eat that I otherwise would be shoving in my face if I was home instead.  True story.  I eat significantly less on gym nights.

So anyway, I was in the car on the way back to my apartment bitching to myself about how ungodly sore my feet were from my dickhead patent leather heels that apparently still aren't broken in effectively.  I was groaning about having to walk all 2/3 of a block from my parking garage to my apartment in these foot grenades, when it occurred to me that if I went to the gym, I would change into sneaks and could wear those home later.  Yeah, I know, I had sneakers in my car and could have just put those bad-boys on without dragging my ass to the gym, but common sense evaded me.  I was also trying to avoid going to a charity event one of my roommates invited me to, so the gym provided a convenient alibi.  Miracle of miracles, 2 traffic lights before I passed the gym I decided to actually go, albeit for completely frivolous reasons.  Please understand that this never happens.  Once I talk myself out of going to the gym, that shit is done.  I don't rethink it or weigh the pros and cons, it's just a dead issue.  So yeah.. I went, did my thing, and peaced out.  I went home and ate a moderate amount of food and only used 1 WP.  Basically, what I planned on doing this morning, but now I'm acting like I just cured cancer.

Anywayzzz.. Eagles pick just in, went with O-line, I was hoping for a corner but so be it.  Before I forget, I gained 1.6 this past week.  Like how I snuck it in at the end after football talk like maybe no one would notice?  This weekend was a lot of good, delicious eating with the fam and I can't say I regret it.  But I'd still like to get some momentum going and bust out a couple straight losses one of these days.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment