Tuesday, February 3, 2015

February Shmebruary. That doesn't even make sense.

I really wish I had some cool updates on a more regular basis.  I keep wanting to write a post but then it’s like- sooo this week I feel really good about my flossing routine and I did my nails.  That's actually a lie, I didn’t do my nails this week and my cuticles look dreadful.  I’m the worst.

WW Updates:
I drank a lot of beer this weekend but went to the gym and stuff.  So.. life is back to normal? I know that the doctor recommends upping my protein a lot after surgery so it probably wouldn’t hurt to start working on that in advance.  Other than that, I’m not really planning to do anything different or special eating/exercise-wise between now and then.  I will try to keep working out 4 times a week up until surgery so I’m in as solid shape as I can be so I don’t die on the table or whatever and so that hopefully getting back into it after will be less tedious.

Surgery Updates:
Yeah I mean there aren’t really any, I just like to pretend I have important things to do every week to prep for a surgery that is still 5+ weeks away.  I bought a hoodie that I plan to wear to surgery since it’s longer and zips up and I don’t care if I get intestines on it.  Does that count as an update?  Pre-op appointment is next Monday and I’m making a list of questions to ask such as “what size are you going to make my new belly button?” and “I see in the list of pre-op instructions it says ‘cut down on alcohol prior to surgery’, please explain further”.   I’m actually weirdly excited to pay the rest of the balance to make it feel like it’s real life.

Life Updates:
Hmmm.  I made it into the month of February?  Is that a life update?  No?  I guess 2015 has been pretty uneventful thus far so rather than tell you about the latest puzzle in my life (that’s not a metaphor, as you may recall I really enjoy doing puzzles lately) I’ll just quietly fade out of this post.  I just realized I can underline my section titles to make them more dramatic.  Is that a life update?  OK I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment