Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pre-op appointment and other babblings

Sweet baby Jesus, surgery is 4 weeks from tomorrow.  Although, that sounds both soon and not at all soon enough, so I can’t really get THAT excited until we’re at least within a fortnight of this shindig.

Yesterday was my pre-op appointment which was pretty uneventful.  The doctor spent forever telling me how to prevent blood clots and then while I was trying to think of the vanity-related questions I had for him about the level of hotness I can expect post-surgery, he was up and on his way.  Damn him.  I don’t care about blood clots, just make me pretty!  He also gave me my prescriptions to get filled so that was exciting. I guess I should not recreationally use all of the percocets between now and then or I’m going to be in a world of pain which Tylenol will not be able to manage.  I also paid the balance, which I put on my US Air credit card because I wanted the miles, but it was really weird to see a credit card receipt for $11,450.  That probably still only gets me like 1/8th of a flight to Delaware, but free miles are free miles.  I noticed that some of the blogs I read about tummy tucks and plastic surgery didn't list the cost noting that “it varies, get a consultation, blah blah I’m boring” but I figure if the reason I’m blogging this is to be helpful to others considering these procedures then it’s worth mentioning.  And also so that if I post before/after pics people can be like, “that boo don’t look $12k hot”.

In 2 more weeks I’m also supposed to stop taking birth control pills, reduce my alcohol, and increase my protein.  Only the last one sounds fun, because it involves eating.  Also, someone please remind me to stop trying to be uber-healthy because after that 4ish week kick of being super good at WW in January, I've been eating like shit for the last 2.  I’m definitely better off sticking to my usual mediocrity at all times. 

Lastly, I've now taken it upon myself to spend every Monday at kickboxing counting down how many more Mondays I’ll have my arms flapping in the wind, except there’s no wind, just flapping.  After last night (and assuming I go the Monday before surgery which is a maybe) it’s only… 3!   Here are said arms currently, the only before pics I’m going to show at the moment since they’re always somewhat on display anyway.  I think they actually look a bit worse in person because their wiggly-ness is more evident when they’re in motion, but all the same here they are:



 I hate that since the holidays I feel like I've been biding my time until March 11 arrives, but it’s hard not to focus on that.  I've still been doing fun things and being social and not JUST talking about surgery 24 hours a day but at the same time, winter isn’t that awesome and I don’t have any vacations to look forward to, so I kind of just want it to get here.  So, the countdown continues… 29 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment