Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fun while it lasted!

Annnd back up 2.4 el-bees.  I was hoping to keep closer to half of the sick weight off this week but I’m cool with it and hope my body can chill out this week and resume some normalcy.  I left 20 WPs and all 18 APs unused this week which on most weeks would be a good week, but I know after losing 6.8 pounds the last 2 weeks and my eating schedule just being generally haphazard of late, the scale is all over the place.  I’m still pretty pleased to be moving past the sickness drama and to have kept off part of the giant loss and still be in some new territory.  My clothes are also noticeably looser so all-in-all things are good with WW.
 
I’ve probably mentioned before that I love to cook and love spending a few minutes here and there throughout the week planning new dinner ideas to try and making my shopping list for the grocery store.  I’m usually pretty reliable for planning out at least 3 weeknight dinners a week and filling in the gaps with leftovers or quickie meals and generally avoiding the Lean Cuisine route more often that not.  I wouldn’t go so far as to call myself a foodie, but I genuinely enjoy food and meals and making sure each one is at least somewhat awesome, whether I cook it myself or go out, so that alone is a huge motivation to plan out some quality dinner ideas.  Even so, I get lazy from time to time so I’m going to try to start posting a few of my dinners for the week as an extra incentive to keep planning and to explore some new recipes more often.

This week, I made Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes for dinner on Sunday night, and last night had Tuna Cous Cous Cakes with a baked sweet potato.  Tonight will be Chicken Marsala with brown rice (based on Emeril’s recipe, lightened up a bit) and then tomorrow or Thursday will be Chicken and Biscuits Casserole.  I’ve also got stuff for tacos or fajitas on hand if I decide to plug that in one night.  I really spend an absurd amount of time and energy thinking about food.

On a less healthy note, I saw a picture the other day for Cadbury Cream Egg cupcakes and I feel that it’s my mission in life to make this dream a reality in my kitchen sometime in the near future.  I’m not a big picture-taker but if I make those bitches I will make a point to photograph my handiwork shortly before inhaling a few.

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment