Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The easiest way to lose weight...

So much for my hope of getting an accurate picture of how my abstinence from hard alcohol is affecting my weight, at least this week.  I got some random-ass stomach bug starting Thursday night and moving through the weekend to Sunday where I could only eat sporadically when my stomach decided it didn’t want to kill itself.  After being under my points by 5, 20 and 10, respectively, on Thursday through Saturday, I was able to get to within 2 points of my dailies the past two days, and then had a 3.8 pound loss at WI this week.

Ahh the number this morning was so glorious!  It was a number I haven’t seen in ohsolong and after months of mediocrity was starting to wonder when I would see again.  Nevertheless, I am fully planning to resume eating like a normal human being this week and I’m sure my metabolism is ready to tell me to go fuck myself, so whether any of it stays off remains to be seen.  After wanting to curl up into a ball and throw myself off a cliff all day on Friday I can absolutely say that feeling better is the best thing of all and whatever happens with my weight is not my chief concern by any stretch.  But after losing 3 pounds last week to get back to my low point, and then losing the 3.8 this week to enter some crazy new territory, daaaaamnit it’s hard not to dream. 

I was just recently joking with a friend about how the stomach flu would really be the jumpstart my weight loss has been looking for (absolutely said in jest, but with a tinge of hmmm) but we both laughed that even at our sickest we’re both still eaters.  I’m not the gal that simply cannot be bothered with food while feeling ill, I’m usually powering through it with a bowl full of mac and cheese or other comfort food.  So perhaps it was karma biting me in the ass when I actually had to repeatedly sit there staring longingly at meal after lovely meal without being able to eat much of it and surely not enjoy any of it while I struggled to choke down a few bites without wanting to vom.  So, thank you karma, I will certainly not wish for illness or the inability to eat, even laughingly, from here on out.

I dragged my punkass to kickboxing last night and made it through just fine so I think my immune system is mostly back to normal-ish.  I really have no control over how my body and metabolism decide to react this week or how much of that loss will be sustainable, but as usual all I can do is push on and have the best week I can to build from here.  If nothing else, maybe seeing that fabulous number on the scale this morning, however fleetingly, will motivate me to keep my shit in line so I can go back to that glorious feeling of watching the scale go down like I used to before the epic plateau.

No comments:

Post a Comment