Wednesday, November 23, 2011

One last pre-Thanksgiving update

Quick stop-in before the Thanksgiving food-massacre begins.  I lost 0.4 at WI yesterday which I was very happy with.  Admittedly I’m not always ecstatic over smaller losses, but I was really just hoping to see any loss after the big one the week before, which didn’t feel entirely deserved.  I also ate, literally, a bowl of cookie dough on Monday night which felt like a rock in my stomach, so seeing the scale down to some new territory (-100.4, but still something) was nice.  I’m now 13.6 pounds away from my lowest adult weight and that is definitely a milestone I’m insanely fixated on.  Unfortunately with the holidays coming up it might be a ways off, but it’s still nice to dream about!

My level of excitement for Thanksgiving weekend and, in particular, the food and drink, is really somewhat sickening, but it is what it is.  Some people get excited for Harry Potter movies; I get revved up to binge on carbs with a side of turkey.  And the food is just too good to limit to one day, so I’m sure Friday will involve some continued gluttony.  Saturday is a reminder that I’m old as fuck as it’s my 10-year high school reunion, about which my emotions are rotating between excitement and boredom.  It’s somewhat cliché, but I really do keep in touch with the friends I wanted to keep in touch with, and two of my best friends from high school aren’t going, but I think it will be nice to catch up with some people I haven’t seen in awhile.  From a purely shallow-bitch perspective, I’m 7 pounds lighter than I was senior year of high school and very happy with where I’m at in my life and career, so I feel good about that.

Anyway, I’ll try to post after the long weekend but I may or may not feel like doing so after what which probably be a 32 pound gain on the scale.  Hope everyone has a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment