Wednesday, February 16, 2011

First sightings of Cadbury Creme Eggs

Holy crap, it's mid-February already!  I don't know why this is such a startling revelation seeing as how I write the date at least 700 times a day.  But this week it really started becoming obvious that the winter is progressing quickly when I realized that it's no longer pitch-black at 5:00, and I haven't worn gloves in at least 3 days.  I'm really starting to get pumped for spring now.  I love winter (at first) and I definitely adore the change of seasons, in large part because of how excited I get at the end of winter when it starts to warm up again.  Now I just need to finally take the Christmas lights down...

I lost 1.8 at WI yesterday which is exactly what I gained last week.  So that's good- I hate when I lose small chunks of a gain at a time and it feels like it takes week to dig myself out of a hole.  On the other hand, I'm leaving for Chicago tomorrow night and will probably be eating as much deep dish pizza as I can get my paws on, as well as delicious wedding food (CAAAAKE!), so I'm already predicting a possible gain next week.  Whatevs.  I'll see how it goes but certainly not losing sleep over an indulgent vacation weekend.  I'm also packing gym clothes, which will probably remain in my suitcase the entire weekend, but I like pretending I might work out at the hotel at some point.

Nothing much else new this week.  I feel like I pull a new muscle every single time I work out, which leads me to believe that despite working out regularly for a couple years now, I'm not actually getting in any better shape and my muscles are little punkass bitches.  On the eating front, I've mostly planned out my meals and snacks for the day and in an effort to stick to that rather than making a break for Mickey D's at lunch, I'm going to post it here so I can check back later and see how well I stick to it.

Breakfast (already ate it so I can't mess this one up):
- 1/2 cup egg whites w/ 2 tbsp cheese and 1/4 cup sausage crumbles in a multigrain tortilla
- light OJ
- coffee (like I'd even be here right now if I hadn't had coffee)

Snack 1:
- carrots with lemon hummus

Snack 2 (I like to snack):
- either an apple with peanut butter OR almonds OR cheese stick

Lunch:
- can of chicken noodle soup with oyster crackers OR Lean Cuisine Mac and Cheese (I know my lunches are a little processed.. I tend to be lazy here)

Dinner:
- Perdue Perfect Portions pre-seasoned chicken breast
- cous cous
- corn OR edamame
- milk

It looks like my GHGs are lagging a bit (what a friggen surprise) but it seems mostly well-roundedishkindof.  My 2 challenges for the day are to not eat from the candy bowl on my desk (an easy solution, you might think, would be to not have a candy bowl, but I prefer to torture myself) and to not snack after dinner.  We'll see how it goes. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Way to go on the 1.8 loss!

    Your menu looks pretty amazing for a girl who hates veggies!

    ReplyDelete