Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015

Since 95% of the population is vocally reflecting on how their year went, while also waxing poetic about all of their optimistic and unoriginal resolutions for 2016, I also find myself thinking back on the year and whether it was sufficiently awesome.  I think it was?  I didn't really accomplish much in terms of adult things like buying a house or procreating or getting a promotion, but I did fulfill my 2015 goal to watch every episode and season of Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy (OK I lied, I got sidetracked after season 5 of SoA but I'll get there eventually...)  And if following through with my big plans to get skin removal surgery counts, I did that too and have been ecstatic with the results.  So yeah, it's been a decent year in my book, but keep in mind that my book is more like an issue of Us Weekly in terms of size and substance.

I'm not going to set goals for 2016 because the only thing I hate more than goals is people that fucking tell people their goals.  Just do your shit, don't tell me about it, if you know me at all you know that I only care about myself anyway and am only giving the requisite nods and "mmhmm awesome!".  But anyway, instead I'm thinking ahead to things I'm planning (or hoping) to do this year.. more as something to look forward to now that the holidays are winding down.  I'll assign a number from 1 to 10 next to each in terms of the likelihood of it actually happening (10 being the highest).

- trip to San Francisco in February (9.. flight is booked)
- some kind of international trip, ideally not North America (3.5)
- roadtrip to Mississippi with friends (6.5)
- mini thigh lift surgery (7)
- volunteer at DNC in Philly (8.5)
- trip to Oklahoma City and Dallas to visit fam and friends (5)
- trips to DC and NYC to visit friends (9.5)
- date someone over the age of 27 (4)
- finish watching Sons of Anarchy (6)

Well that's a decent start.  I don't want to get ahead of myself here so if I can do like 3 of those things that'd be solid.  

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and a safe and healthy or whatever New Year!  Just kidding, safe is boring, have a dangerous and exciting New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment