Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Semi-annual Blog Check-In

I am the shittiest blogger ever, for real.  I actually go to my blog page occasionally and think about how I should write something, and then forget or get lazy or accidentally x out of the page.  Being the crazy narcissist that I am, you’d think I would be able to overcome my laziness/inability to work a mouse for 5 minute increments to throw out some kind of updates about myself.  You'd be wrong.

I have definitely been moving slowly on the scale, back to the gain, lose, gain, lose pattern.  Over the course of a few weeks I end up being down a tad more than a few weeks prior, but the back and forth of it gets to me sometimes.  If I could break past 93 pounds and hit -95 (and on to 100!) that might get me a little momentum, but the summer just seems difficult with more plans and crap going on.  I don’t do difficult very well, obviously.

My weekdays are mostly pretty good and I’ve been continuing to cook regularly which has been very helpful in keeping me marginally on track.  I keep meaning to post recipes or pictures of dinners I make, but like every other aspect of this blog, that thought typically goes by the wayside.  Tonight I’m making lemon chicken with cous cous for dinner.  The chicken recipe is adapted slightly from a Rachael Ray recipe, and it’s really good and flavorful for not too many points.  In theory, I will take a shitty picture of it later (you’ve seen my photog skillz) and post it with the recipe.  In actuality, I will not post again for 6-7 weeks and then toss out another lackluster, half-assed blog entry in which I commit to do something and then completely fall through on it.  That’s just how I roll.

In the meantime, I’ll leave you with something super happy and visual, which is the fabled Denny’s mozzarella stick grilled cheese sandwich that I’ve been lusting after for months now.  I don’t even know where a Denny’s is, but I assume it’s one of those places that I pass all the time and totally fail to acknowledge somehow.  I also imagine that it’s one of those places where you may or may not leave with some kind of venereal disease, but such is life.

1 comment:

  1. Denny's, I've rarely been there sober. And I can say that out of the few times I've been there sober, only once was I not hungover.

    That should just about sum up Denny's

    ReplyDelete